Addressing Port submission failures on Travis
Andrew L. Moore
slewsys at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 07:22:22 UTC 2017
A couple weeks ago, I made a couple Port submissions (devel/libwebsockets and net/mosquitto). Travis is reporting build failures for Xcode 7 and 8. I don’t, unfortunately, have the resources to easily test on other systems, and the Travis report doesn’t seem to offer much guidance what the issue is, at least that I could see. How to proceed?
On a separate note, I notice that my pull request appears to be tracking my entire macports-ports fork, which includes changes to several other ports. Should I create a new fork for each pull request?
For reference, here’s what i did:
* Created a fork of macports-ports on GitHub
* Cloned that fork to my local system
* Added an upstream reference (https://github.com/macports/macports-ports.git)
* Then to sync with upstream, I use:
git fetch upstream
git rebase upstream/master
* And to push to my GitHub fork, I just use:
Got now my pull request appears to have picked up all that activity. Where did I go wrong?
More information about the macports-dev