Interactive port command asking me for installation of an existing port

Fred Wright fw at fwright.net
Wed Feb 1 01:06:56 UTC 2017

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> The interactive "port upgrade outdated" curiously asked me for
> confirming installation of an existing (active) port:
[...]
> Any clue why this would happen? (I checked and gtk was active while
> the prompt was waiting for my input. This is slightly annoying as I
> would leave the computer on hoping to get the machine upgraded by the
> time I come back.)

This is the same thing I complained about here:

https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2017-January/035321.html

In that case, the "new installs" were actually just variant changes.  I'm
not convinced that lumping that together with true new installs under a
single question-suppression option is desirable, and in any case it needs
to be more informative about why it's "installing".

Fred Wright