SPF failure

Arno Hautala fracai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:34:32 UTC 2017

I tried to send a message to the user list yesterday, but it was
rejected as undeliverable due to SPF failure. I can forward the entire
response if it's helpful, but it also included a link [1] indicating
additional details.

The link seems to indicate that I'm sending through an Apple server,
but I've confirmed that my messages are being sent by the alum.wpi.edu
server. The admin at alum.wpi.edu states that the link indicates that
the email originated at that Apple IP. I'm guessing there's some
interaction with Apple's mail servers hosting the mail list?

I later successfully sent the message directly from my Gmail account,
so the issue only occurs when I send from the WPI server. Is there
some configuration that can be changed on your end? Mine?

Please let me know if I can provide any additional details.

[1]: http://www.openspf.net/Why?s=mfrom;id=arno@alum.wpi.edu;ip=17.151.62.28;r=macports-users@lists.macports.org

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448