[GSoC] Announcing Google Summer of Code 2017 and Google Code-in 2016

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Mon Feb 6 15:37:49 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.me> wrote:
>>> As there was no reaction yet, what is the feeling about returning this
>>> year? Anyone up for being the organization contact handing in the
>>> application, coordinating potential mentors, and collecting ideas?
>>>
>> I don't have experience for applying as an organization but would like
>> to volunteer for helping.
>

> A concern is number of available mentors.

Is there any mentor(s) interested. If we are planning to apply this
year I would be more than happy to apply as organization on behalf of
MacPorts.

I would also like to know the status of 2015 project on "Portfile
generation framework". On GSoC 2015 website I am able to see only 2
projects (https://www.google-melange.com/archive/gsoc/2015/orgs/macports).

Bradley,

Can you please share if the student passed or failed the final review
since you were the mentor for Portfile generation project? Also, I can
update the stats on our wiki at
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeOrgApplication.

--
Jackson Isaac