[GSoC] Announcing Google Summer of Code 2017 and Google Code-in 2016

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Feb 6 16:28:41 UTC 2017

>>> I don't have experience for applying as an organization but would like
>>> to volunteer for helping.
>>

>> A concern is number of available mentors.
>>

> Is there any mentor(s) interested. If we are planning to apply this
> year I would be more than happy to apply as organization on behalf of
> MacPorts.

If MacPorts participates GSoC 2017 and there is an absence of more qualified mentors I volunteer.

> I would also like to know the status of 2015 project on "Portfile
> generation framework". On GSoC 2015 website I am able to see only 2
> projects (https://www.google-melange.com/archive/gsoc/2015/orgs/macports).
>

> Bradley,
>
> Can you please share if the student passed or failed the final review
> since you were the mentor for Portfile generation project? Also, I can
> update the stats on our wiki at
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeOrgApplication.

Hi Jackson, in the beginning the student immediately began questioning the viability and usefulness of the project, did no work toward the project and eventually quit school and programming and moved home to his parents. I failed him.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)