[GSoC] Call for Mentors GSoC 2017

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Feb 7 16:08:47 UTC 2017

On 7 February 2017 at 16:25, Michael Dickens wrote:
> I'm up for being a mentor again, for the correct student.
>
> Do we have a MP GSoC website up yet? The best I can find is <
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode >, which is for 2015.

I guess the idea is to simply fix the contents of that page (fix dates etc.).

Many project ideas are still valid, but we should of course add new
ones (go through the tickets and figure out what ideas are both
feasible and of great importance to the community :) and potentially
change some of the old ones (or remove them if no longer relevant).
Some ideas have already been (partially) implemented

Some things from the top of my head (without checking feasibility or
reasonability):
- collect statistics from the buildbot jobs, track outdated ports (via
livecheck), ... to become part of a potential new website
- come up with a solution to test basic functionality of submitted pull requests
- create various buildbot jobs that we might need (like
"automatically" creating a new release etc.)
- finish the SAT solver for dependency tracking (started during 2015,
not sure about the current status)
- ...

Mojca