Conflicting binary in dependency

Aaron Madlon-Kay aaron+macports at madlon-kay.com
Fri Jan 13 15:23:04 CET 2017

> Is "sqlite3 CLI shell" the 'sqlite3' binary that is already installed by the sqlite3 port?

Yes. So as a separate port I would skip that binary and provide only sqldiff and sqlite3_analyzer.

> I would think a separate port (or subport) would be better. A non-default variant would not be available as an archive, and I don't like the idea of adding a Tcl dependency to sqlite3 by default.

Fair enough. I’ve got this working as a subport now.

It seems my comments about the deactivate hack were only valid for the case of upgrading; when installing as a new port the dependencies are not upgraded, so the hack is required.

Thanks,
Aaron