Handling C++11

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Wed Jan 18 03:43:39 UTC 2017

I think perhaps I am not being clear in what I am proposing.

Currently, if cxx_stdlib is equal to libstdc++ then the cxx11PortGroup returns an error and the port does not build.
I am simply proposing that instead of returning an error, the port build instead.
In other words, the change is meant to respect whatever value cxx_stdlib is.

I am not proposing any changes to anyone’s configuration.
I am not proposing any changes to the buildbots.

If cxx_stdlib is equal to libc++, the end user would see no changes, not even revbumps.
If cxx_stdlib is equal to libstdc++, the only change would be that ports that didn’t build before would suddenly start (hopefully).

Please forgive me if I am not understanding the concerns, but this change is meant to affect *only* ports that are currently not building at all
for users who have elected to have cxx_stdlib be equal to libstdc++.

-Marcus