Handling C++11

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Jan 18 15:55:26 UTC 2017

What you propose is what I'm doing in various GNU Radio ports, e.g.,
gr-ieee802-11. If ${configure.cxx_stdlib} is "libstdc++, then default to
some MacPorts provided GCC (right now, 4.9 ... I need to update these to
gcc6); else use the cxx11 PortGroup. It's not the best solution, but it
works well enough for the folks I know who use these ports on various
versions of Mac OS X / macOS. I've wished for a long time that I could
just use the cxx11 PortGroup, but as you have written it works just for
libc++. There has got to be a better, more universal way to accomplish
using C++11 (or, C++14, or C++17). - MLD