Don't Overwrite Config files

Teddy Thomas tthoma24 at mit.edu
Wed Jan 18 04:25:20 UTC 2017

I’m trying to write a Macport that will install some config files in /etc, and I’m wondering what the best way is to prevent overwriting user customized files is, and to put the system config files back the way they were when uninstalling the port. I looked in the Portfile best practices (https://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.practices.html <https://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.practices.html>) and found section 4.7.2, but it’s listed as a TODO. Any insight anyone can provide would be most appreciated. I’d be happy to contribute documentation with a way forward. Thanks in advance.

-Teddy