port:mpv issues

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Sat Jan 21 13:17:11 UTC 2017

On 21.01.2017 01:59 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
> In there /opt/local/share/examples/mpv/config-maintainer is referred to,
> but in fact that file isn’t to be found there, but at
>
> 	/opt/local/share/doc/mpv/examples/config-maintainer
>
> i.e. you’re missing the "/doc/mpv” bit in there…

I forgot to update the path in the notes message when I fixed the port to comply
with https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47690

Done now.

> Apart from that I ran into this:
> ---
> $ mpv foo.mp4
> --vo=opengl-hq is deprecated! Use --profile=opengl-hq instead.
> Playing: foo.mp4
>  (+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264)
>  (+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=und (*) (aac)
> [vo/opengl] Using suboptions is deprecated. Use the global '--opengl-backend' option instead of 'backend' suboption.
> [vo/opengl] error creating CGL context: invalid pixel format (10002)
> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
> Video: no video
>

> Exiting... (Errors when loading file)
> ---
>
> Any ideas what all that means?

Please always include the OS X/macOS version you're running the program under.
You can ignore the deprecation messages, these aren't changing mpv's behavior.

I know that error message from my 10.6 VM (and maybe also 10.7, though I have
never tested on that platform) - I don't know why it doesn't like the pixel
format there, though.

In general, this seems to be an OpenGL issue, or rather the error message that
the OS returns when trying to create the OpenGL context. I have so far been
unable to find out, why that is, though.

If you do see this failure on 10.8 or higher, I have absolutely no clue what
could be wrong. Is 3D hardware acceleration in general working?

Mihai