Qt and SecureTransport vs. OpenSSL

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 09:39:40 UTC 2017

On Saturday January 21 2017 23:57:50 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

>Qt also has a dynamic openssl mode, in which it loads libssl at runtime. I reckon that it should be possible to ensure it uses the one from MacPorts. I'll try to look into that one of these days.

That looks like it won't be very hard:

qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslsocket_openssl_symbols.cpp, function libraryPathList():

1- scans any paths given in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
2- scans any paths under .app/Contents/Frameworks
3- scans a list of known system paths, starting with /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib

Inserting $prefix/lib between 2 and 3 above should ensure that the proper libssl and libcrypto are loaded. Given that this is well hidden internally I *think* there shouldn't be any ABI implications for QtNetwork dependents, but I'm rebuilding now to verify.

R.