Travis: failed build reported as successful

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Jul 1 16:51:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 10:37:04AM +0000, Zero King wrote:
> I thought of `grep`ing the output for "Failed to parse file" and
> ignore broken Portfiles not touched by the PR like this one
> > Failed to parse file python/py-pydot/Portfile: can't read "_name": no such variable
> in https://travis-ci.org/macports/macports-ports/jobs/248896726.

Rather than parsing the output of portindex, could we just run

  'port info'

in the directory of the modified portfile? That would catch the parse
error as well.

Changing portindex to return non-zero on parse error may not be what we
want. As a user, I don't want my portindex to fail (and potentially
abort further processing) if somebody accidentially commits a broken
Portfile that I don't care about.

--
Clemens