[GSoC] migration

Umesh Singla umeshksingla at macports.org
Mon Jul 10 07:30:11 UTC 2017

Hi Jackson,

I usually email macports-dev when I ran into issues and with updates
because the mailing list is really active. Also, this way I get inputs from
many people like Rainer, Mojca or Josh who otherwise might be reluctant to
open a link, read a post/diary and then comment.

I tried that diary, deployed it but came to know it's more of manual and
doesn't capture the stuff from GitHub automatically. So, I'm avoiding that
extra effort. Everything is being done under a separate branch. Otherwise,
for myself, I'm simply using Notes in macOS.

I'll try to formulate what I did over the last week by tonight and also
upload through git. I'm more or less, in line with the proposed timeline.

@Brad: Sorry, in my previous mail, I mistakenly wrote only migrate but
restore and migrate kind of overlap.

Regards,
Umesh