citing git commits on Trac?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Mar 28 13:34:48 UTC 2017

On 2017-3-29 00:09 , Peter Danecek wrote:
> Hi all,
> do we have some convention on how to cite git commits on Trac?
>
> I see that the "Commit Ticket Updater" uses the following format <short git hash>/<GitHub project> and links to an URL on Trac, which then is redirected to GitHub.
>
> Are we supposed to do the same manually when citing commits? Is there some support for this behaviour?
>
> Thanks for the clarification!
> ~petr

Documentation is available at <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/TracLinks>.

I find the easiest way to link to a commit is [committish/repo], e.g.
[42a4d67a/macports-ports]. Apparently you need at least 8 characters of
the hash, which is slightly annoying since GitHub shows only 7
characters in many places.

- Josh