citing git commits on Trac?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Mar 28 14:23:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-28 15:34, Joshua Root wrote:
> Documentation is available at <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/TracLinks>.
>
> I find the easiest way to link to a commit is [committish/repo], e.g.
> [42a4d67a/macports-ports]. Apparently you need at least 8 characters of
> the hash, which is slightly annoying since GitHub shows only 7
> characters in many places.

Unfortunately that minimum length of 8 characters is hardcoded [1].
Apparently this limit was chosen to avoid linking "rfc1234" [2],
although I do not see the reason why the [revnum/repo] form must have a
minimum length...

As an alternative, the [changeset:42a4d67a/macports-ports] syntax works
in any case, with 7 or even fewer characters.

Rainer

[1]
https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/trac/versioncontrol/web_ui/changeset.py?rev=15468#L1020
[2] https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4261