Maven 3.5.0 Pull Request 442

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu May 4 20:45:06 UTC 2017

On 4 May 2017 at 22:25, John Patrick <nhoj.patrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> evening,
>
> with github pull requests if it's not touched for a period of time
> what is the process of getting it reviewed and merged now?

Anything that can convince someone with commit rights to review it and
commit it :)
We are slightly understaffed.

> email here?
> add a comment to the pull request?
> contact x directly?

It often helps to ask on the mailing list or on the IRC channel.

I don't know if comment to the pull request will help or not. (Some
people opt out from receiving emails anyway.)

Or collect a sufficient number of good contributions that you get commit rights.

> what is the expected period before chasing?

A couple of days. In case of maintained ports it makes sense to ask
after 72 hours when anyone is allowed commit changes.

> https://guide.macports.org/
> section 7.3 covers nomaintainer and openmaintainer, and abandoned
> ports but not non-adandoned nomaintainer or openmaintainer ports.
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/422

This is about a maintained port. Nobody is supposed to modify the port
within 72 hours after notifying the maintainer, but if maintainer
doesn't react, it can be committed by anyone with commit rights after
three days.

Mojca