Python 3.4

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri May 5 21:35:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

Often a question of what to do with Python 3.4 modules gets raised now
that Python 3.6 has been out for a while (but its support is not
nearly complete).

That is:
- Should new ports include 34 subports or not?
- Should we actively remove 34 subports?

I have nothing against leaving support for 3.4 as long as it's
supported upstream and I won't really object the removal of them.

A more important thing would be to give consistent answers and
feedback to submissions. To add it or not to add it?

Mojca