Registering MacPorts as Not for Profit Organization

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Fri May 19 12:31:30 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Moving the discussion regarding registering MacPorts as an
organization to set up bank account for receiving donations, GSoC
stipends (mentor and travel stipends to be precise), etc..

The following two ways were discussed:
1. Register our own organization in a country where cost is minimal
(for e.g., France as discussed by Mojca in the attached mail). Or in
US or Germany (with strict rules, higher yearly costs, legal stuff,
etc.).
2. Registering as a sub-organization under a bigger organization and
using their account?.

Please feel free to add your suggestions/opinions and views. Also
which would be a fast and efficient way so that we can also complete
the process before completion of GSoC in order to accept this year's
mentor and travel stipends.

--
Jackson Isaac