[macports-ports] branch master updated: qt4-mac: Fix pointer comparison with 0.

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun May 28 18:06:32 UTC 2017

On 05/28/2017 05:50 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:
> What both of you write is probably technically correct. These are
> patches from elsewhere and, in my reading, make sense based on context.

So this is a direct backport from upstream as far as I see [1]. Note that the
method in question ContextItem::findMessage() returns a MessageItem* [2], so
this was previously comparing a pointer with an int.

> Rev-bump? Maybe; not clear if that's really necessary. We can always do
> that, but since it's Qt4 I'm inclined to not do so unless someone
> complains. These fixes were, after all, really just to get qt4-mac
> compiling using macports-clang-4.0.

I have no idea what other compilers produce for ptr >= 0, though. While this
helps to gets it to compile with macports-clang-4.0, it may also change behavior
for others. A rev-bump would be the safest option.

As a side note, I am kind of surprised that it took 5 years for this fix to
reach us. I guess Qt 4.x is entirely unmaintained by now and will not get
bugfixes from upstream? This is especially worrying me as that means the
embedded WebKit does not receive security updates...

Rainer

[1]
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qttools.git/commit/?id=7138c963f9d1258bc1b49cb4d63c3e2b7d0ccfda
[2]