streamline github dev process

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Wed May 31 00:34:10 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-30 20:25, Sterling Smith wrote:
>> 1) git revert xyz
>> 2) makes changes and sets v1.2
>> 3) commit
>> 4) git push
>>
>> The last 4 lines were local, so it is ok to have the version changed
>> temporarily back to pre-1.1 in step 1 (the git revert).

> This is only true if the bad commit xyz was not pushed to the master branch of the macports-ports repo.  If it was pushed, then the port's epoch would need to be changed per Ryan's comment.

This is why in step 2 you set it to v1.2 (which was supposed to be the
epoch equivalet in my example).
Sorry, I should have listed the steps more clearly.

I understand that you have to increment it, otherwise users won't see
the update.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek
lookup http://pool.sks-keyservers.net for KeyID 0xC11F128D