Question about compiler blacklisting (llvm-gcc for wxWidgets)

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Thu Nov 2 18:40:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> I would have appreciated if Marcus would at least mention it before
> committing the new subport, I was just as confused when I saw it two
> days ago as you are.

At the time, I felt the change fell under the openmaintainer policy.
My apologies if my actions were discourteous.

For the sake of completeness, the reason I made the change was hugin-app[1].
A std::string was apparently passing between the boundary between C++
libraries, so
hugin-app and wxWidgets had to use the same C++ library.
Otherwise, strange segmentation faults would happen when the
std::string was destroyed.

[1] https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/87b9fc402cf848b6c3cb899cf7106354ec82afcf