meson

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Nov 11 19:42:05 UTC 2017

On 8 November 2017 at 17:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> The port fails to build universal, so something is missing there.

I tried a super simple hello-world program with a meson build. Setting
    CXXFLAGS='-arch i386 -arch x86_64'
works fine there, so it must be something specific about this port.

I wanted to try it, but it pulls in a hell lot of dependencies that
I'm not eager to keep building from source forever.

Than said, I believe it would be nice to build in some more advanced
support for these kinds of builds into the build system. So that meson
would actually know that it is "cross-compiling" and would be able to
treat examples like this one

    wcharsize = compiler.sizeof('wchar_t', prefix : '#include<wchar.h>')

(example literally copied from the manual[1], but I had sizeof(int) or
sizeof(long long) in mind).

Mojca

[1] http://mesonbuild.com/Compiler-properties.html