[macports-ports] 02/02: fcron: on High Sierra, set permissions to allow binaries to work

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Oct 1 19:39:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-01 18:54, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2017, at 11:36, Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
>
>> Kurt Hindenburg (kurthindenburg) pushed a commit to branch master
>> in repository macports-ports.
>>

>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/afc5e1f85dc22dc882ee232b57cbbad9ac6e007f
>>
>> commit afc5e1f85dc22dc882ee232b57cbbad9ac6e007f
>>
>> Author: Kurt Hindenburg <khindenburg at macports.org>
>> AuthorDate: Sun Oct 1 12:34:57 2017 -0400
>>

>>     fcron: on High Sierra, set permissions to allow binaries to work
>
> Can you explain why this was necessary?
>
> The same problem was reported and fixed the same way for sudo:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54958
>
> Is there a bug in MacPorts or High Sierra or APFS or the install program related to sticky bits?

It is a bug in MacPorts as the behavior of the sandbox changed:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54963

It looks like sandbox-exec does no longer include file-write-setugid in
file-write* on macOS 10.13 High Sierra. This part is entirely
undocumented by Apple, so here is my proposed fix based on best guess:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/pull/34

Rainer