Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2018

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Tue Sep 26 04:55:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:37 AM, Umesh Singla <umeshksingla at macports.org> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2017 2:09 AM, "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Forwarding a message from Google ...
> ..
>
> Last week we also announced the Google Code-in 2017 (GCI) contest for 13-17
> year old students. GCI is open for past GSoC mentoring organizations to
> apply to be a part of this exciting contest from October 9th - October 24th.
> We are also giving GCI orgs over a month to enter their tasks into the
> webapp, hopefully this will help them prepare for the busy winter contest.
> GCI opens for student participants on November 28th! You can read more about
> the program on our blog.
>

> Have we ever participated in GCI before?

Not yet. But we are open to volunteers. Let me know if anyone is
interested in mentoring.

Also, we can start putting forward our ideas early on and listing
potential mentors, so that it will help to decide if we should apply
next year again or not.

I am open to someone else taking up the org admin task too :).

--
Jackson Isaac