buildbot fetch of ghc fails on 10.8 or less due to SSL error

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:56:00 UTC 2017

I have not seen this one here at home when installing ghc-bootstrap or ghc, but I presume it's due to the older SSL in MacPorts causing trouble:

<https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.8_x86_64_legacy-builder/builds/38064/steps/install-port/logs/stdio>

Error: Failed to fetch ghc-bootstrap: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

Do you think we might mirror the file

http://haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.6.2/ghc-7.6.2-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2

And I'll rehit the button on the buildbot? Presumably that is the only one we'd need to mirror... perhaps there will be another for the main build of ghc...

Ken