Dealing with Xcode 9 + macOS <= 10.12 and missing functions

Leonardo Brondani Schenkel leonardo at schenkel.net
Fri Sep 29 10:08:39 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-29 12:02, Joshua Root wrote:
> Well, our installation instructions say to install the Command Line
> Tools, which avoids this problem. I guess we could try setting
> MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED explicitly, but unlike
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, it isn't picked up from the environment by the
> compiler driver, so a lot of ports would require special handling to get
> it into the CPPFLAGS.

That's correct, I'm aware. But I also saw in this list (and correct me
if I'm wrong) the mention of work being done to remove the CLT
requirement in future MacPorts versions, and making sure that the SDK
used corresponds to the version you're running.

This was mentioned in the recent mail that I mentioned seeing recently,
but couldn't find in the archives. If you're the author of that mail and
you're reading this, could you please chime in? Thanks.

// Leonardo.