Trac upgraded to 1.2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 1 19:09:52 UTC 2018

On Apr 1, 2018, at 03:18, Jackson Isaac wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Mar 31, 2018, at 18:10, Clemens Lang wrote:
>>
>>> Our Trac installation at trac.macports.org was updated to the 1.2 series
>>> of Trac. Since this was a feature upgrade, new bugs may have sneaked in.
>>> If you see something that used to work before and no longer works now,
>>> please file a ticket with the trac component.
>>>
>>> See the Trac changelog at
>>> https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracChangeLog#a1.2.2
>>> for a list of changes. We upgraded from the 1.0 series of Trac.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> So far, I dislike the "cosmetic improvements for ticket changelog".
>>
>> https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/11835
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I don't like the property changes floated to the right, and I don't like that the box they're in is yellow.
>>
>> We already override the yellow color of the ticket description box, so maybe we could at least override the yellow color of the property change box too.
>>

> After Ryan's mail about the cosmetic changes, I was eager to check out
> the new Trac.
>
> For me in [1], the ticket results doesn't fit 100% in the browser tab
> i.e., there is a horizontal scroll (See [2]).
> IIRC, in the previous version it used to fit in the browser tab
> without any horizontal scroll.
>
> Is it just me or anyone else also had similar experience ?

Yes. Maybe previous versions of Trac truncated the Summary shown.

This is only so wide because #56091 has a very long summary that can't be word-broken. I'd probably shorten that...

> Also the transparent "Filters" box under Custom Query, looks a bit odd
> for me. I guess it is same for all drop down option buttons.

Agreed, a little odd. The Trac developers' Trac installation looks the same way, so I guess it's intentional:

https://trac.edgewall.org/query