Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 3 19:35:20 UTC 2018

Dear Vishnu,

On 3 April 2018 at 20:10, Vishnu wrote:

> Hello
>
> Yes portindex.json is very useful.
>
> I tried my hands with python and sql.
> And am successfully able to parse the json and store the data into the table .

Thank you very much. The initial steps look promising.

Now, try to integrate this into a simple django app with the database
abstraction layer. A simple tutorial is here to demonstrate how to
define simple python classes that automatically interoperate with
database (so no need to write direct sql code at this step):
    https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.0/intro/tutorial01/

Using SQLite is fine (for the production we would probably want to go
for PostgreSQL, but now it doesn't make any difference).

Mojca