port policy questions for munin

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Apr 4 05:00:04 UTC 2018

On 4 April 2018 at 02:23, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2018-04-04 01:38, macports at parvis.nl wrote:
>> Questions about policy:
>> - how to submit Portfile (unified diff against the previous version?)
>
> If your new Portfile is significantly different from the previous
> version, a unified diff would not be helpful. Just attach the full
> Portfile in this case.
>
>> - how to submit patch files (complete file as diff on diff is unreadable ?)
>
> Indeed, attach the full patch files.
>
>> - how to remove patch files (submit empty file + note in comment ?)
>
> Just a note should do.

If you do submit to Trac, I still feel that running "svn diff" which
shows new patches and deletes the obsolete ones means least work for
someone trying to reproduce your work. Then again, this does not work
well for renamed files.

>> - where to submit (in trac ?)

GitHub pull request, please.

> It is fine to attach a port update to a Trac ticket.

It is true that we are still perfectly fine with trac tickets, it's
just that it will on average take orders of magnitude less time to get
it merged if you open a PR.

Mojca