Build Failure on ports-10.6_x86_64_legacy: libpsl, mosquitto

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 4 22:16:04 UTC 2018

On Apr 4, 2018, at 11:59, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2018-04-04 17:19, Rainer Müller wrote:
>> Now that we execute the mirror step before attempting a build, we should
>> make the buildbot use a master_site_local pointing to a local mirror, as
>> we cannot expect the upload to be completed at the time the build runs.
>> Right now we are downloading all files twice.
>
> I split the fetch phase into a separate command. This should make it
> easier to see that the dependency failed because it was unable to fetch
> the distfiles.
>
> https://github.com/macports/mpbb/commit/639def5ad990ecf1e227e377e5a46124c447ca94
>
> This will also no longer update the failcache, as fetching could be a
> temporary problem.

Thanks!

> This should also remedy the situation on legacy systems for now.
> Installation as a dependency will be retried even if a previous run
> failed due to fetching. By that time, the distfile was hopefully
> uploaded to the mirror.
>
> We should still investigate in adding a master_site_local, as this
> involves more fetches from the internet than necessary at the moment.

The buildbot has always fetched from the local private distfiles mirror. I didn't know about master_site_local, so I accomplished this by having distfiles.macports.org, packages.macports.org and rsync.macports.org resolve to the local mirror's IP on the network that the build machines are on.