CI system for PR builds

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 7 12:21:16 UTC 2018

On Apr 7, 2018, at 00:40, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I'm aware that it's legal to virtualize macOS on mac hardware, it's
> just not 100% clear to me that all of the steps involved in setting up
> libvirt images are 100% OK. (Can those same images be used on Linux
> unmodified? If so, I would at least imagine that preparing them
> requires the knowledge of a special "key" that's available in the
> above mentioned repo. I don't know though.)

I don't know what "libvirt images" are. My assumption in this conversation has been that the suggestion is that we should install libvirt on the buildbot master, and that libvirt knows how to talk to other hypervisors, such as esxi which we use on our buildbot system. Buildbot master would use libvirt to tell the esxi hypervisor to start and stop additional virtual machines for PR builds, machines which are separate from the ones we use now to build and distribute binaries for commits.