Releasing 2.4.3

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 10 19:06:24 UTC 2018

On Apr 10, 2018, at 13:47, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2018-04-10 20:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 10, 2018, at 12:54, Rainer Müller wrote:
>>>
>>> At some point we should make a cut and not add many changes in the last
>>> minute...
>>
>> Well I can't force you to merge them.
>
> I cannot stop you either... I am just afraid that by merging changes in
> the last minute we are likely to introduce problems we did not think of
> before. Not all changes in backported commits can be applied cleanly as
> master and release-2.4 diverged, so they might need to be modified.

I'm not going to merge them, because I don't know how, and don't have the energy to attempt to learn how to do so, given the zillion other things I'm trying to do right now.

I proposed a list of commits to backport for 2.4.3 back in December. You've merged those now; thank you, but it's now 4 months later. I don't want another 4 months to go by before we bring the other critical fixes we've already committed to master to our users. The use of MacPorts git and svn on older systems spring to mind as pretty important fixes for older systems.