Releasing 2.4.3

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Apr 10 19:55:06 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-10 21:06, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I'm not going to merge them, because I don't know how, and don't have the energy to attempt to learn how to do so, given the zillion other things I'm trying to do right now.

This is even documented:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit#cherrypick

> I proposed a list of commits to backport for 2.4.3 back in December. You've merged those now; thank you, but it's now 4 months later. I don't want another 4 months to go by before we bring the other critical fixes we've already committed to master to our users. The use of MacPorts git and svn on older systems spring to mind as pretty important fixes for older systems.

I do not want to wait months for a release either. I think that the long
time between releases is mainly caused by our release process.

I cannot sign package installers. As long as we insist on having them
for each and every release, I am not in the position to cut a full
release anyway.

So, what are we going to do? I already proposed not to wait for .pkg
installers and just release to selfupdate whenever the release is ready.

Rainer