port version reports 2.4.2 when built from tag v2.4.3

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Apr 12 22:47:35 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-13 00:42, Jack Howarth wrote:
> This issue might also be impacting the High Sierra macports 2.4.3
> installer image as well. After installing it on a machine with no
> /opt/local, I get the following from 'sudo port self update'...
>
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
>
> MacPorts base version 2.4.3 installed,
>
> MacPorts base version 2.4.2 downloaded.

It is actually an unrelated problem. The new version is not yet
available over selfupdate. The script that is supposed to update the
rsync server is failing.

Check this and following messages in the thread on macports-users:
https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2018-April/044969.html

Rainer