How long should we wait for submitter action on a PR?

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Sat Apr 14 14:37:46 UTC 2018

We have one open PR where the submitter hasn't replied to some
requests for changes since the initial request several weeks ago. (I
tried emailing the requester directly some time ago and got no
response there either.)

Clearly there should be a timeout after which the pull request gets
closed for lack of submitter action, but what should it be? (We can
always reopen the request if the submitter wakes up of course, it
just no longer shows as a pending action for project members to worry
about processing.)

(I imagine in some cases someone might choose to make the fixes on
behalf of the submitter and commit them, but lets ignore that
possibility for now.)

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org