Regarding acl2 Port

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Apr 17 00:41:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:13:18 +0200 (CEST) Clemens Lang
<cal at macports.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ----- On 16 Apr, 2018, at 07:10, Jackson Isaac
> ijackson at macports.org wrote:
>
> > I was working on updating the acl2 port version from 3.5 to 8.0
> >
> > There has been lot of changes ever since to upstream. They moved
> > to github and the stable versions are released under 'acl2-devel'
> > username instead of acl2 (upstream).
>
> I think acl2-devel is the one to go with here. Consider their
> descriptions on GitHub:
>
>  acl2: ACL2 System and Books as Maintained by the Community
>  acl2-devel: ACL2 System as Maintained by the ACL2 System Authors
>
> The former seems de-facto unmaintaineed.

Last commit on the former was nine hours ago.
Last commit on the latter was in mid-December.

That said, I have no idea which is superior.

I suspect that the names aren't reasonable, in that -devel isn't the
development branch of acl2, but is an unrelated fork at this point.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com