Buiid/install stages documentation?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Apr 17 17:39:59 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:32:53 -0400 "Perry E. Metzger"
<perry at piermont.com> wrote:
> Is there any documentation I can read about how the various build
> and install stages work? I am trying to rig things up so that I can
> use opam (the ocaml package manager) to do all the heavy lifting
> for the various ocaml ports, but I need to know what it is that I
> need it to be doing before I try to tweak it to do it for me. :)

Just to be clear: I know what is in:
https://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases

but I'm trying to figure out a bit more detail. In particular, I
_suspect_ what I want is to trick opam into installing its build
products into the destdir, but I'm not sure that's the right
approach.

> (By default, opam installs into a .opam/VERSION/ directory for the
> user, in which there's bin, lib, man etc. directories.)
>
> It's possible everything is in the developer guide and I've just
> failed to notice sufficiently.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com