[macports-base] 01/06: fetch: Always use ${prefix}/bin/git for gitfetch

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Wed Apr 18 08:15:20 UTC 2018

On Apr 17 14:33:12, raimue at macports.org wrote:
> > https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2018-March/037750.html
>
> The previous code always used /usr/bin/git, even if the git port was
> installed. Only old versions of macOS got to use the latest version of
> git, while recent versions of macOS were stuck with /usr/bin/git.

What versions of MacOS are "stuck" with what version of git?
What specific problems does it lead to?

> That does not seem to be a useful default to me,

Why?

> therefore it made sense
> to me to always use the latest version from ${prefix}/bin/git.

This requiring of the latest version of everything for anything
is a desease. I have a /usr/bin/git that works just fine.
(I also have a /usr/bin/python that works just fine, etc.)
Don't make me install a newer version because it is newer.