fontforge package really old - need help with Portfile

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Thu Apr 19 05:08:57 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-19 00:08, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Note that there is a ticket requesting this update:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43844
>
> There isn't any work done there, but there is an interested developer you could contact to collaborate.

Great, are you tlking about the dev who opened the ticket? If so, I'll
contact Mojca.

> It shouldn't be a problem to use those files, and it is preferred to do so. It should be as simple as:
>
> github.setup        fontforge fontforge 20170731
> github.tarball_from releases
> use_xz              yes
> distname            ${name}-dist-${version}

Ok, I will try this. I can only hope that the next version also uses xz.
The previous version was 20161005, yet the dist name was
fontforge-dist-20161004.tar.gz. Besides the different compressor, the
file iyself, should have been named fontforge-dist-20161005 and not
fontforge-dist-20161004. 5 instead of 4 at the end !!!

> See documentation for the github portgroup at:
>
> https://guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.portgroup.html#reference.portgroup.github

Thx, I will read this.

> "bootstrap" is the recommended name for this script, according to GNU conventions, but most projects disregard the recommendation and name the script "autogen.sh".

Ah, interesting, I didn't know that.
Anyhow, it might be even neccessary to use bootstrap for the tarball,
but after your detailed explanation I should be able to whip something
up. ;-)

> Yes, except that when you change autoreconf.cmd, that causes MacPorts to assume that your different cmd doesn't require autotools dependencies, which is not correct in this case. So you need to re-add the dependencies:
>
> depends_build-append    port:autoconf \
>                         port:automake \
>                         port:libtool

Very nice. Thx.

> See also this mailing list thread:
>
> https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2017-December/037081.html

Will check it out.

Thanks again. This reply helped me a lot. I'll try to create a
preliminary Portfile and see what happens.

Cheers,
  K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/