fontforge package really old - need help with Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 19 10:48:50 UTC 2018

On Apr 19, 2018, at 00:08, Helmut K. C. Tessarek wrote:

> On 2018-04-19 00:08, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Note that there is a ticket requesting this update:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43844
>>
>> There isn't any work done there, but there is an interested developer you could contact to collaborate.
>
> Great, are you tlking about the dev who opened the ticket? If so, I'll
> contact Mojca.

Yes. She reads this mailing list so she may already see this thread. Also, some of the other people who Cc'd themselves on that ticket may be interested. So you might post your progress there.

>> It shouldn't be a problem to use those files, and it is preferred to do so. It should be as simple as:
>>
>> github.setup        fontforge fontforge 20170731
>> github.tarball_from releases
>> use_xz              yes
>> distname            ${name}-dist-${version}
>
> Ok, I will try this. I can only hope that the next version also uses xz.
> The previous version was 20161005, yet the dist name was
> fontforge-dist-20161004.tar.gz. Besides the different compressor, the
> file iyself, should have been named fontforge-dist-20161005 and not
> fontforge-dist-20161004. 5 instead of 4 at the end !!!

If it's not an xz file, then you wouldn't use "use_xz yes", you'd use something else (except if it's tar.gz, in which case you'd use nothing). If the version number in the filename is not the same as the version number of the project, then you wouldn't use "${version}" in distname; you'd use whatever the version number in the file is.