Allow access to a file in trace mode

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Apr 19 12:54:53 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-19 12:44, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> If I try to build minivmac in trace mode (sudo port -t install minivmac) it fails because:
>
> Warning: The following existing files were hidden from the build system by trace mode:
>   /Applications/MacPorts/Mini vMac/vMac.ROM
>
> The minivmac build requires access to this file. The file is not provided by any port; it must be provided by the user. How can I allow access to this file in trace mode in this port?

There is no way to extend the trace mode bounds from a Portfile.

Files inside ${prefix} not provided by any port may be accessed, but not
outside ${prefix}. This is a workaround to allow access to cache files
such as the XML catalog or the GTK icon cache.

If these ROM files for the build are not distributable, how can the
result of this port be distributable under a GPL-2 license? That would
imply that the ROM does not end up in the build results at all.

Rainer