[macports-ports] branch master updated: collectd: update to 5.8.0

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Tue Apr 24 17:41:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:50:57 +1000 Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org>
wrote:
> On 2018-4-24 08:48 , Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:58:23 +0200 Rainer Müller
> > <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> >> It is a bit suspicious that you made no changes to
> >> files/dep-gen.sh in the port directory.
> >>
> >> The second half of the Portfile is fully generated by that shell
> >> script, as collectd has *a lot* of variants for each of its
> >> plugins. Updating that script is mostly manual work, based on the
> >> output of './configure --help'. I somehow doubt that this version
> >> of collectd does not have any new plugins or updated
> >> dependencies...
> >
> > Apologies. I didn't see any instructions to that effect. Might I
> > suggest that we remove this from being openmaintainer given that
> > simple version bumps won't work well without inside knowledge?
>
> I wouldn't consider version updates to be a minor change permitted
> by openmaintainer. All too often they are not in fact "simple".

I do, in fact, consider it that way, and I need some way of telling
people they should feel free to do simple version updates my ports
without asking me. I'd suggest that if you don't want that to be
possible, maybe you don't want openmaintainer on your ports? Or
maybe, even better, we need some way of indicating various gradations
of policy?

Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org