Agility

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Apr 26 14:14:37 UTC 2018

On Apr 26, 2018, at 2:21 AM, Jan Stary <hans at stare.cz> wrote:
> What are the top three Trac features
> that Github issues don't have?

This has been discussed on the mailing list several times already - you should probably search through the archives before demanding that someone take time and rehash this for you. (Then you can propose solutions / ask for clarification if things aren't clear).

One very simple google search turns up the initial announcement (https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2016-August/033405.html) where Ryan says:

"We've given much thought to the way we use our Trac ticket system, and after
extensive discussion on how we might be able to use GitHub Issues, and even
performing a trial conversion of our tickets, we came to the realization
that moving to GitHub Issues would be a step back for us. (GitHub Issues
doesn't have custom fields, which we use to indicate the name of the port(s)
affected by the ticket, and the available workarounds are unsatisfactory.
And the original author of the ticket or comment cannot be preserved when
importing to GitHub Issues. In short, converting to GitHub Issues would be
lossy.) We also considered converting to Jira or BugZilla, but in the end,
we decided that staying with Trac is the best and least disruptive choice
for now. We will migrate the data from our Trac installation to a new
server, taking the opportunity to upgrade to the latest version of Trac and
make some other improvements."

--
Daniel J. Luke