[macports-ports] 09/17: cargo PG: respect build_arch; allow universal build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 28 02:38:57 UTC 2018

On Apr 27, 2018, at 18:24, Rainer Müller wrote:

> destroot {} is exactly meant for this kind of code. If muniversal cannot handle it, supporting +universal is not important enough for me to maintain this.

muniversal does not support overridden destroot blocks. It requires the ability to run the "destroot" cmd, for example using its default cmd "make" and its default target "install". It's always been that way. It is occasionally inconvenient, but the workaround of writing a short Makefile has apparently always been preferable to figuring out how to rewrite muniversal to not have this requirement.