build failures and lack of logs

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Apr 29 12:24:06 UTC 2018

On 2018-4-29 22:04 , Jack Howarth wrote:
> Can someone explain to me how to parse the output from the build failure
> reports of the build machines? I found a number of them from the pymol
> package update yesterday across all the build machines however a local
> build using rsync of the same packaging files produces no build issues.
> As far as I can see, the links for the main.log file on these mailed
> build failure reports is a dead or empty file. How is one supposed to
> see the actual build failure for a specific build report?

The easiest way is probably to use the status indicator in the commit
log. Go to the history for the port in question on GitHub:

<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commits/master/science/pymol>

Then click on the red X next to a commit, which indicates one or more
failures. That will have a list of links to builds. You want the ones
that end in -builder to get the build log. For example, for
buildbot/ports-10.13_x86_64-builder:

<https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.13_x86_64-builder/builds/25380>

In this case, it fails everywhere because the buildbot only builds
default variants, and pymol says "tcl must be installed without
+corefoundation."

- Josh