Strange behaviour of trace mode in MacPorts 2.4.3 / 10.13

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Mon Apr 30 03:49:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-29 22:02, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Nothing hmm. The port doesn't declare a dependency on pkgconfig, therefore trace mode hides the pkg-config executable from the build system. The build system needs pkg-config however, so it errors. Add a dependency on pkgconfig, and anything else it needs. This is one of the primary purposes of trace mode: to help you identify dependencies you've forgotten to add.
I did what you said and added pkgconfig as a build dependency.

Now I got the following:

Travis Build #2100
<https://travis-ci.org/macports/macports-ports/builds/372857278> Errored.

Lint results

|---> Verifying Portfile for fontforge ---> 0 errors and 0 warnings found. |

Port fontforge *success* on xcode9.3. Log
<https://paste.macports.org/6b41c022a568>

Before the change it looked like this:

Travis Build #2099
<https://travis-ci.org/macports/macports-ports/builds/372844148> Passed.

Lint results

|---> Verifying Portfile for fontforge ---> 0 errors and 0 warnings found. |

Port fontforge *success* on xcode9.3. Log
<https://paste.macports.org/54eba95d939a>
Port fontforge *success* on xcode8.3. Log
<https://paste.macports.org/d06db94fded1>
Port fontforge *success* on xcode7.3. Log
<https://paste.macports.org/a072705c2d71>

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/1674#issuecomment-385301425

Cheers,
 K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/