tcl-sqlite3

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Tue Aug 28 16:15:26 UTC 2018

On Aug 28, 2018, at 1:27 AM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> Moving to macports-dev.
>
> On 2018-8-27 23:49 , Marius Schamschula wrote:
>>> On Aug 27, 2018, at 1:43 AM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org
>>> <mailto:jmr at macports.org>> wrote:

>>> What about the rest of the redundant sqlite3 package that it installs?
>>
>> The sqlite3-tcl subport uses the same source tarball as sqlite3 itself.
>> Do we want to duplicate the download and storage?
>
> No, I wasn't suggesting duplicating, quite the opposite. I'm saying the
> tcl port has more than just the man page that should be pruned if we're
> providing this in a separate port.

Indeed. I made a local version of the tcl Portfile which does not build the sqlite3 extension (the only way to do this is to remove the whole extension package from the source tree).

I haven’t uploaded this to Github, as I’m unsure if the best way forward is to add a Portfile note about sqlite3-tcl having been split from tcl or to automatically install it somehow (the tcl Portfile can’t do it as sqlite3-tcl depends on tcl).

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula