macports rot

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sat Dec 15 12:48:21 UTC 2018

Calvin Ardi <calvin at isi.edu> wrote:

> I haven't looked into it because Hugo's publicity hadn't crossed my mind, nor am I involved in the upstream project in any way (my primary motivation for maintaining the Portfile is driven by my own desire to use Hugo).

I’m also not involved in most upstream projects for the ports I maintain, but especially when the upstream project has a website project you can send a pull request to, they’ll often accept that. Otherwise it can be a bit more work to track down who to contact to get the website updated with a mention of MacPorts, but I think it’s great for MacPort’s exposure (and it’s of course also nice for MacPorts users that visit a project website to immediately see they can install a package via MacPorts).

Nils.