registry.db-journal file location

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:20:51 UTC 2018

Rainer Müller wrote:

> Maybe switching to write-ahead log would increase the SQLite performance
> in your setup. To try this, you should be able to convert your registry
> database to this mode without making any changes to base itself.

First impression is that it doesn't make a lot of difference. I used
sqlitebrowser, which shows at least 1 other pragma that probably has to be
changed, in the code this time: synchronous. According to
http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_synchronous this should be "normal" in
WAL mode (and might possibly even be OFF on COW filesystems like ZFS or APFS).

R.